Mumbai


From a very long time, I’ve seen quite a few visuals of Bombay in Mani Ratnam’s films. From the vintage shots of Nayagan  to the medieval glimpses of the city in Bombay and the uber chic visuals in Ok Kanmani – this city has always fascinated me.

Image result for mumbai aerial shots

Why does every don/gangster film have to be filmed in the city? Is it because of the presence of non-regulated businesses in the city? Is the police department so bad that commoners rely on gangsters for justice? An obvious answer would be that the infamous D-Company is based out of Mumbai. Let’s not get into that though. I wish to live a long life!

After months of looking at the peninsular city on Google Maps, I finally expressed my desire of going to Mumbai to my parents. My dad warned me that the city is so densely populated that traversing through the city will be just like navigating through the famous Avenue Road in Bangalore (Not Bengaluru bro! It will always be Bangalore for me).

After chalking out a half-baked plan and booking a hotel in the heart of South Mumbai (I’m not rich; We just got a good deal), we packed our bags and bid adieu to a place which is 980 metres above sea level and were on our way to a place 9 metres above sea level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anti-Heroes Of Tamil Cinema

The Dutch Angle